SDX is a high flow suction outlet suitable for use as a wall fitting and also as a floor drain when debris removal is not a concern. A “Retro” version is available to bring existing suction outlet covers into compliance with the new law. SDX Retro fits existing plaster rings up to 10” in diameter.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SDX protects against all five types of entrapment; hair, limb, body suction, evisceration, and mechanical entrapment.
• NO SUMP REQUIRED - No need to chisel out a sump to meet the1.5 times the pipe diameter sump depth requirement.
• SDX has a 1.485 FPS Volocity at the opening at a maximum listed 200 GPM
• Approved as a bulkhead fitting so the safety is in the cover and plate.
• Patented “ribbed” design achieves high flow with sixty “mini” drains
• Suction doesn’t transfer if one area is covered
• Dome shape to prevent a seal by a swimmer
• Anti-vortex shield blocks contact with direct suction
• Included with MDX as a second point of suction
• “Retro” version fits existing suction outlets up to 10” in diameter
• Stainless steel security screws
• Secondary support plate secured to protect the sump and fittings
Meets National anti-entrapments requirements
• ASME A112.19.8 – 2007 Listed
• IAPMO tested and certified; a nationally recognized testing laboratory (NRTL) accredited by ANSI.
• USPC (uniform swimming pool, spa and hot tub code) compliant
• IRC (International Residential Code), section 106.2 – suction fittings – compliant
A “Retro” version is available to bring existing suction outlet covers into compliance with the new law. SDX Retro fits existing plaster rings up to 10” in diameter.
SDX boasts a flow rating of 200 gpm on the floor and 192 gpm on the wall making it compatible with most residential pumps up to 3 hp. SDX has a 1.485 feet per second velocity at the opening at a maximum listed 200 gpm.